Essential Functions & Requirements:
- Hands on working knowledge of BHS and PBB equipment with knowledge of HVAC, GPU, Potable Water Systems, Mechanical Baggage Slides and supporting PLC programs.
- Ability to Supervise motivate and mentor a workforce of 14 to 30 persons
- Ability to plan and delegate work assignments
- Ability to complete administrative tasks assigned to the contract
- Will be the point of contact between Oxford and the customer
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Will handle signatory duties
- Will oversee and authorize local purchase within Oxford stated parameters
- Understand and implement all Oxford corporate directives
- Assure completion of customer required documentation
- Oversee and manage all safety procedures and directives of both Oxford and the customer
- Work with HR to hire new or replace existing staff as needed
- Handle all disciplinary issues in conjunction with HR
- Provide reports as needed by HQ or the customer
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Electrical training and experience in an industrial environment or minimum 1 year experience as maintenance mechanic
- Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Pass a Background Check
- Ability to interpret schematics and electrical drawings related to the equipment being maintained.
- Ability to resolve PLC issues.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Point of communication with the customer while maintaining superior customer service.
- Must have his own basic hand tools.
- Ability to mentor staff
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position-40 hours per week and available on call by phone as needed
This position requires local travel only.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
Technicians work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee frequently lifts and/or move items over 50 pounds with the help of teammates. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.