Oxford Airport Technical Service is seeking to hire a Proposal/Bid Writer to join our Business Development team with the primary function of researching and writing original proposal content in response to various government and commercial contract opportunities from inception to delivery. The Proposal/Bid Writer will work collaboratively with all levels of leaders across Oxford and throughout the bidding process to develop comprehensive, compliant, and compelling proposal materials in a fast-paced, strict, and deadline-driven environment.
We are seeking someone who has proven skills in writing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be imaginative with a history of performance writing comprehensive proposals (30-60) pages within deadline and time-crunch environments. The individual will be highly efficient with a mix of technical writing, proposal development, project management, communication, time management, research, and reporting skills.
Key Focus Areas:
- Design-Build Proposal/Bid Writing
- Technical Writing
- Responding to RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, vendor questionnaires, etc.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Researches and develops technical and creative design-build proposals for potential contract bid submissions and project documentation
- Reads and interprets solicitation documents to develop proposal outlines, compliance matrices, schedules, and other required components to ensure proposals meet solicitation requirements
- Analyzes data for potential conflicts and to determine scope and key requirements
- Researches and integrates information from multiple sources into a cohesive, easy to read, compliant and accurate final product
- Authors timely responses to enterprise-level RFP’s RFI’s, RFQ, vendor questionnaires, and vendor information
- Identifies opportunities to improve proposal/bid writing design processes, approaches, coordination, and implementation
- Leverages SharePoint for collaboration, document control, and storage of boilerplate proposal materials
- Maintains and updates a system to report on proposal efforts, including win/loss ratios
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders and (Subject Matter Experts) SMEs to elicit key information used for developing top-notch proposals
- Maintains an understanding of the importance of each section for the grant/proposal
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of best practices, proposal boilerplates, templates, data platform, and style guides
- Meets strict deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for research, writing, editing, reviews, and approvals
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- Outstanding time management skills
- Strong proof-reading Skills
- Detailed with high level organization skills and attentive reading and listening skills
- History of developing proposals/bids for large and complex design/construction projects
- Experience working with multi-year and complex sales processes/ cycles
- Proven ability to author strong, compelling, compliant, and timely questionnaire-responses (RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.) and proposals/grants/bids for large capital improvement projects
- Experience in the construction and/or airport industries is preferred
- Be able to assess what is needed, and where to get the information (externally and internally)
- Understanding the requirements of the client for the BID to ensure completion at the highest level.
- Ability to adhere to established work schedules and workflows while practicing efficient time management and working independently
- Ability to vary working schedule and hours to meet deadlines as needed
Qualifications / Education Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years of proposal, contract bidding or grant writing experience for industrial engineering or construction industries – airport construction preferred with an emphasis on qualifications-based design-build and/or progressive design-build projects
- History of working on large infrastructure design/construction projects
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s preferred
This is a full-time salaried position. The candidate is guaranteed a 40-hour workweek but can expect to work longer hours at times. Candidates’ rate will be based on experience and skill level.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.