The Project Scheduler will support all program activities related to scheduling and will assist providing development, implementation, and maintenance of an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). The individual will follow best practices in scheduling processes and protocols to ensure vertically and horizontally integrated schedules and scheduling products. He/she will integrate the program schedule system with an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and other program performance reporting and data systems. The experienced candidate will apply the methods, tools, and techniques that are appropriate for the work requirements and assure that the technical quality of work products meet quality standards.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Function as a facilitator at all levels throughout the schedule development process and communicate effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
- Support the development and/or maintenance of the schedule preparation and cost analysis
- Define and sequence project activities
- Track baseline and update performance
- Control and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and sub-schedules
- Perform critical path assessments, analysis and reporting
- Prepare extracts from Microsoft Project for import into other reporting tools
- Support maintenance and reporting
- Perform work with minimal supervision, assist in establishing objectives, and be able to plan and schedule activities to accomplish objectives.
- Must be able to adhere to internal processes
- The ability to liaise with senior level partners
- The ability to manage a large portfolio of diverse contracts
- The ability to work in fast paced environments and provide organized execution of tasks under time constraints.
- The ability to manage a diverse workload in changing environments is a must.
- The Candidate will also have the skill of liaising and building relationships with business unit personnel as well as vendors and contractors.
- Ability to communicate effectively while always remaining professional.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Willingness to work extra hours when needed
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience designing, analyzing, and implementing project schedules and integrated master schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Math, System Engineering, or related discipline.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.