The Lead Technician/Mechanic A are the main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the electrical and mechanical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Maintain superior customer service and safe working practice at ALL times.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, passenger boarding bridge and support equipment (GPU/PC, air pottable and water systems) baggage handling equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals and manufacturer’s specifications using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems.
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
- Analyze root causes of Electrical failures and propose remedy and resolution as well as continuous monitoring for ways to improve and optimize the system.
- Interpret schematics and engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
- Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement and prepare follow-up CM work orders if needed.
- Attending to stoppages and bag jams as needed.
- Completion of daily housekeeping duties individually and as a team.
- Other duties as given by management team.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Electrical training and experience in an industrial environment or minimum 1 year experience as maintenance mechanic
- Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Pass a Background Check
- Hands on working knowledge of PBB and BHS systems with the ability to do PM’s, troubleshoot and repair.
- Working knowledge of PBB and BHS support equipment such as HVAC, GPU’s, Potable Water Systems, Baggage Slides
- Ability to interpret schematics and electrical drawings related to the equipment being maintained.
- Ability to resolve PLC issues.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Point of communication with the customer while maintaining superior customer service.
- Must have his own basic hand tools.
- Support Bag Jammers as needed to restore system to operation and resolve mechanical issues
- Support house- keeping duties
- Report issues or concerns to the Supervisor
- Handy man skills would be a plus
- Ability to mentor Technician B staff
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative, who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position-40 hours per week; shift work on one of 2 shifts (times to be determined)
Will include weekends and holidays
Available for OT call outs as needed
This position requires local travel only.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
Technicians work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee frequently lifts and/or move items over 50 pounds with the help of teammates. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.