As the CRO (Control Room Operator) you will monitor the BHS system status from the Control room, you will track jams and dispatch technicians and unjammers to maintain baggage flow, you will determine/coordinate the configuration changes to bypass off-service conveyors to allow technicians to correct any mechanical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. 0ther minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for Clearing bag jams and responding to trouble calls in the Baggage Handling System
- Always maintain superior customer service and safe working practice.
- Maintaining cleanliness of system, including but not limited to sweeping, housekeeping, collecting trash, cleaning dust and debris and general housekeeping of area around system.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program.
- Generate and distribute work orders through Maximo, maintain a daily log and reporting jam logs.
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
- Report and all track service call.
- Assist with the TSA to monitor system cameras and to complete baggage tracking throughout the system.
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- React to calls from the manager executing service calls by CM, PM and EM. Attending to stoppages and bag jams as needed.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reports as directed.
- Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to other maintenance personnel.
- Conducts safety checks.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Completion of daily housekeeping duties individually and as a team.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport ID Badge
- Experience using computer software.
- Experience in observing CCTV cameras and working with scanners
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities (Competencies):
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative, who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position-40 hours per week; night, weekend, overtime, and holiday work are common.
This position requires local travel only.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Operators work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee frequently lifts and/or move items over 50 pounds with the help of teammates. They will be lifting parts and tolls for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Oxford ATS, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.