We are seeking Baggage System Associates (Unjammer) for the purpose of clearing baggage jams and fault’s as well as monitoring BHS and airline baggage operations.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Clear bag jams by physically re-arranging baggage and respond to trouble calls in the Baggage Handling System
- Maintaining cleanliness of system, providing cleaning including but not limited to sweeping, housekeeping, collecting trash, cleaning dust and debris and general housekeeping of area around system
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude and comprehensive skills
- Monitor the BHS system from Control room as needed
- Follow instructions from control room operators, technicians and supervisors on maintenance needs
- Exercise safe working practices at all times, demonstrating and complying with all Company safety policies, including but not limited to personal protection equipment, following Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Background check and drug screen required
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Excel
- Must have the ability to serve as back-up for CRO position
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Strong communication skills – Verbal and Written
- Strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Customer and service oriented
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position-40 hours per week; 2 rotating shifts (3:00am-1:30pm day/1:15pm-11:45pm night); overtime, weekend and holiday work is common. Flexibility is needed with scheduling demands and team shift coverage.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.