Oxford Airport Technical Service is seeking to hire a Project Control Manager who will report to the Director of Project Management and/or Director of Program Management and will be responsible to lead the Project Control support for Oxford’s portfolio of airport site projects in alignment with the strategic business objectives as directed. In collaboration with the Project/Station Managers, the Project Control Manager will develop and enforce existing policies and procedures to monitor and manage compliance and control, and report on the status of projects. The Project Control Manager will closely review and monitor progress, analyze costs, and schedule issues, and recommend appropriate action to resolve issues.
We are seeking someone who can work with all levels of leadership to include executive leadership, and all managerial team members. The individual will have a background in project planning, scheduling planning meetings and progress check-ins, estimating and monitoring project costs, ensuring budget compliance, and reviewing project quality compared to Oxford’s business objectives. The ideal candidate for this position will have a mix of organizational, project planning, cost analysis and estimating, change management, contract management, communication, time management, and reporting skills.
Key Focus Areas:
- Project Compliance and Control
- Policy Development
- Cost Estimating
- Project Scheduling
- Project Planning
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises key stakeholders and the Project Managers of possible cost and schedule issues, along with appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Provides leadership in the development of standardized project control processes, systems, and tools to improve project execution and reporting accuracy.
- Assignment of scheduling and/or estimating requests.
- Ensures project schedules and cost estimations are professionally prepared, consistent with requirements and the scope of work, complete and accurate.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and enhancements incorporating industry best practices.
- Resolves issues and provides consistency between the cost control, planning/scheduling, change management, reporting and estimating functions and deliverables.
- Assists and support Project Managers with associated project management activities.
- Leads project review status meetings.
- Experience working on various projects to include coordinating and executing project issues.
- Ability to work within and lead a team to consistently achieve an exceptional standard of quality work.
- Experience directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management, contract management, cost analysis and reporting.
- Ability to direct planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Ability to identify and establish relevant and timely criteria for Project Control activities.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, and construction projects in the airport industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project control issues.
- Willingness to work extra hours when needed.
- Over 10 years of exceptional cost estimating and project scheduling
- Project Management Certification required or 5+ years of experience within the airport industry
- Management Experience of multiple people and/or teams
- Bachelor’s degree required / Master’s degree preferred
- This is a full-time salaried position. The candidate is guaranteed a 40-hour work week but can expect to work longer hours at times. Candidates’ salary will be based on experience and skill level
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.