Performs a variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair on all electrical systems of any baggage handling, passenger boarding bridges, facilities and related equipment.
• Performs maintenance and repair of baggage handling systems, passenger boarding bridges and related equipment.
• Executes complex maintenance assignments involving but not limited to automotive, electrical, systems and other related trade skill sets.
• Conducts daily and periodic shift inspections, cleaning, and diagnostics of electrical system components based on an established scheduled preventive maintenance program.
• Troubleshoots and repair all control system and electrical failures by applying comprehensive technical knowledge to solve problems by interpreting manufacturer manuals or similar documents.
• Run conduit, change motors, repair circuits, rewire, repair wiring, etc. as needed. • Perform preventive maintenance on electrical components based on an established scheduled preventive maintenance program to include, but not limited to, motors, clutches, brakes, bearings, drive belts, drive shafts, pulleys, gearboxes (speed reducers), and conveyor belting.
• Complete Pm Checklist in accordance with established procedures, document accordingly in applicable computer program.
• Remove and replace plug-in type boards and components. Align, replace, and clear photocells.
• Makes repairs of connectors, wiring and fuses on-site, and cleans and performs diagnostic routines of electrical and control system components.
• Maintain work orders in applicable computer program.
• Works in tight and/or high spaces utilizing appropriate PPE and fall protection equipment.
• Follows and complies with all company and federally established policies and procedures
• Utilizes a computer to perform a variety of communications, training and administrative processes.
• Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
• Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
• Compliance with all safety programs, policies and procedures.
• Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must be a licensed electrician per state and/or customer requirements • Must have own set of hand tools common to the trade.
• Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Knowledge of airport operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to equipment repair.
• Knowledge of general workplace safety requirements and procedures. • 4+ years of mechanical work experience or equivalent technical schooling. • 4+ years of electrical work experience or equivalent technical schooling. • Knowledge of conveyor systems and/or passenger boarding bridges.
Additional Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures. • Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. • Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers. • Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
• Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
• Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals. • Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
• Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety. • Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and concisely. • Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
• Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, ability to log in, retrieve and answer emails, and take training.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
• Must be able to comply with the OxfordATS Drug and Alcohol policy.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
Technicians work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee frequently lifts and/or move items over 50 pounds with the help of teammates. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.