Oxford Airport Technical Services is seeking to hire a Director of Sales to join our Business Development team. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and talented professional who enjoys working in a growth-oriented sales environment. The Director of Sales will report directly to the VP of Business Development and be responsible for meeting company revenue and gross profit targets for their assigned region, market/product line and team. To meet these objectives, the Director will prospect and cultivate new accounts while maintaining and expanding existing business. This individual will meet expected targets and collaborate with other teammates and internal teams to ensure the company goals and objectives are achieved.
- Generates new opportunities and optimizes revenues within assigned territories to drive sales growth across all divisions
- Oversees the development/implementation of a robust sales and marketing strategy, delivering the highest possible quality revenue while maintaining the lowest possible cost structure
- Maintains and grows existing customer base, confirming there is regular follow-up to each customer to ensure we are supporting all areas of the business and can anticipate their future requirements • Identifies, markets, and sells aging inventory to current and prospective customers
- Follows company pricing guidelines and collaborates with the team to ensure accurate pricing of material when quoting customers
- Identifies new and emerging opportunities by monitoring changing trends, economic indicators, competitors, and supply and demand
- Maintains professional, technical, and industry knowledge by reviewing professional or industry specific publications, establishing personal networks and attending annual tradeshows and conferences • Builds and maintains strong customer relationships and networks to provide the highest level of service, and uncover new growth opportunities
- Tracks individual metrics and objectives (KPI’s)
- Analyzes data and provide thoughtful and actionable insight
- Optimizes and streamlines processes to address inefficiencies, by working cross-functionally with team members and other departments
- Demonstrates professionalism and leadership across all areas of the business
- Works closely with colleagues or other internal teams on cross-territory opportunities • Travels to customer locations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- 5+ Years of sales experience managing
- Experience in the Aviation/Airport industry and vast industry knowledge Highly Preferred • Highly organized, with great attention to detail and the ability to multitask while meeting competing deadlines • Strong business prospecting and contract closing skills, with a penchant for detail and prompt follow-up skills • Entrepreneurial, energetic with a proactive attitude, and drive for results
- Innovative, creative, and strategic thinking
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to forge enduring relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of sales forecasting and data modeling
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to track personal KPI’s
- Cultivates and maintains business relationships
- Proven ability to manage cross functional relationships with stakeholders
- Strong listening and questioning skills – outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Vision to understand customer needs and translate them into practical solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Excel
- Leadership – Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player.
- Innovative thinking – Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements.
- Analytical thinking – Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision. • Customer oriented – Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions.
- Conflict management and resolution skills – Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems. • Results focused – Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities. • Communication skills – Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills necessary to lead and manage teams and projects effectively.
- Relationship building skills – Ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide leadership to build and develop strong teams.
Management Skills/ Characteristics
- Forward thinking, progressive, dynamic leadership qualities with excellent personnel management skills, and experience leading sizable multi-disciplinary teams
- Possess the initiative to confront issues, develop solutions and drive resolutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality/discretion by exercising maturity and tact in sensitive situations. • Team player with clear ability to contribute to Oxford ATS’ overall vision and value proposition in the US Airport Market.
- Exhibit integrity, control, and ethical behavior to lead multicultural team in a dedicated and proactive manner in any environment.
- Capable of motivating, mentoring and coaching others by delivering clear and concise expectations and providing constructive feedback and guidance to achieve goals.
- Excellence in time management, organizational skills and coordination of complex projects while keeping attention to detail.
- Possess the competency to quickly assimilate and retain information, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, make decisions and meet deadlines.
- Professional, positive, energetic, and flexible attitude. Willing and able to go above and beyond basic expectations when required.
- Accountable for own actions by assuming responsibility for yourself and your direct reports • Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter who demonstrates the ability to learn quickly and is willing to set and meet goals.
- Flexible for business travel to NY headquarters and regional office sites in US as well as any new business locations, Industry events, consultants and customers regional office locations as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.