The Director of Program Management (DPM) provides strategic, technical, and program management oversight and guidance for service and turnkey construction projects in alignment with Oxford’s portfolio of projects. The DPM is responsible for the translation of our key account customers’ requirements and our corporate vision across all aspects of our organization and throughout various stages of project execution and delivery.
The Director of Program Management’s main responsibilities encompasses the design, development and maintenance of best practices, processes, and policies on project management to ensure alignment with corporate goals and strategies. The DPM will consult on tools, and measurement and reporting strategies, to ensure that project management procedures, governance, and quality are established and well maintained. The DPM will build solid working relationships across all Oxford departments and geographies, for guidance and management throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Routinely provides supervision and contributes support to many aspects of the company’s project portfolio, including business development initiatives, key account management, industry representation, project and resource planning, integrated scheduling, technical innovation, execution performance, standards compliance, and strategic vision alignment.
- Conceives, organizes, promotes, and implements effective programmatic initiatives for development of new capabilities to drive aggressive automation of Oxford’s operations. • Oversees the development and implementation of processes and tools for continuous improvement of project delivery and execution methods
- Defines communication strategy and effectively manages communication with internal and external stakeholders for continuous training and alignment with Project Management guidelines, processes & procedures.
- Interfaces internally with other departments and group companies to leverage expertise and skills sets and orchestrate company resources to support execution and optimize performance of Oxford’s portfolio of programs and projects.
- Project monitoring and special assignments as required to ensure clients, vendors and internal resources are on track with their requirements including expense management, risk mitigation, vendor performance, claim management, customer satisfaction and on time delivery.
- Coordinates cross-project activities and assist the organization in the advancement of processes, procedures, training, tools and resources, to maintain an efficient organization focused on delivering innovative, subject matter expertise to our key account customers and market.
- Prepares, organize, track, develop, update, and record keeping of project plans and use case specifics for future reference.
- Implements trend management and auditing processes used to identify, evaluate, manage and resolve changes during design, procurement and construction to mitigate disputes early and provide an audit trail for tracking all impacts.
- Communicates and stay apprised of the latest information, both internally and externally, that affect all aspects of execution, performance and project completion.
- Establishes company policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for risk assessment/management and quality control-based on contract terms and client specifications.
- Standardizes Project Management tools, templates and methodology leveraging industry standards for consistent repeatable quality delivery.
- Inter-disciplinary fluency for oversight of integration project planning, encompassing both technical and program management aspects; master plans, specifications, performance and design criteria and commercial conditions.
- Leadership – Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player.
- Innovative thinking – Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements.
- Analytical thinking – Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision.
- Customer oriented – Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions.
- Conflict management and resolution skills – Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems. • Results focused – Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities. • Communication skills – Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills necessary to lead and manage teams and projects effectively.
- Relationship building skills – Ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide leadership to build and develop strong teams.
- 10-15 years’ experience in managing teams on projects with multiple stakeholders. • Experience in airport industry, preferably in relation to Baggage Handling Systems, Airport construction projects, Passenger Boarding Bridges, Operations & Maintenance.as well as in the managing of interfacing between building and system.
- Senior Executive experience within operational and project management competency areas • Leadership experience with a sizeable multidisciplinary team
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics • Strong mathematical, analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the design-build delivery process and construction methods with the ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities. • High degree of computer literacy, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word, Project, Teams)
- Competent to work within an environment of frequent interruptions, manage conflicting priorities, and analyze and process high volumes of information.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with strong communication skills for interface with customers and internal employees.
- Able to pass a background check and obtain an airport site access (SITA) security badge.
Management Skills/ Characteristics
- Forward thinking, progressive, dynamic leadership qualities with excellent personnel management skills, and experience leading sizable multi-disciplinary teams
- Possess the initiative to confront issues, develop solutions and drive resolutions. • Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality/discretion by exercising maturity and tact in sensitive situations.
- Team player with clear ability to contribute to Oxford ATS’ overall vision and value proposition in the US Airport Market.
- Exhibit integrity, control and ethical behavior to lead multicultural team in a dedicated and proactive manner in any environment.
- Capable of motivating, mentoring and coaching others by delivering clear and concise expectations and providing constructive feedback and guidance to achieve goals. • Excellence in time management, organizational skills and coordination of complex projects while keeping attention to detail.
- Possess the competency to quickly assimilate and retain information, manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, make decisions and meet deadlines.
- Professional, positive, energetic and flexible attitude. Willing and able to go above and beyond basic expectations when required.
- Accountable for own actions by assuming responsibility for yourself and your direct reports • Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter who demonstrates the ability to learn quickly and is willing to set and meet goals.
- Flexible for business travel to NY headquarters and regional office sites in US as well as any new business locations, Industry events, consultants and customers regional office locations as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.